If you’ve recently moved into a new home, but the smell of cigarette smoke is still lingering, you may be wondering how to get rid of the unpleasant odor. Here are some tips for removing the smell of cigarettes from your new home:
- Air it out: Open windows and doors to let fresh air circulate through your home. This can help remove the smell of cigarette smoke and improve indoor air quality.
- Use baking soda: Place bowls of baking soda throughout your home to absorb odors. You can also sprinkle baking soda on carpets and upholstery, let it sit for several hours, and then vacuum it up.
- Use vinegar: Wipe down walls, ceilings, and floors with a mixture of vinegar and water. This can help neutralize the odor of cigarette smoke.
- Use activated charcoal: Place activated charcoal in bowls throughout your home to absorb odors. This can be particularly effective in small spaces, such as closets.
- Clean carpets and upholstery: Hire a professional cleaning company to deep clean carpets and upholstery. This can help remove the odor of cigarette smoke and improve indoor air quality.
- Paint walls: If the odor of cigarette smoke is particularly strong, you may need to paint walls to completely remove the odor. Use paint with odor-blocking technology to ensure that the odor does not return.
- Use an air purifier: Consider investing in an air purifier to remove airborne contaminants and improve indoor air quality. Look for a purifier with a HEPA filter, which can trap even the smallest particles.
- Hire a professional: It might be best to hire a professional restoration company such as White Glove Restoration to help remove the smoke odor from your home.
Removing the smell of cigarette smoke from your new home can be a daunting task, but with the right tools and techniques, it is possible. By following these tips, you can improve indoor air quality and create a fresh, clean living environment.
In conclusion, the smell of cigarette smoke can be difficult to remove from a new home. However, with the right techniques, you can eliminate the odor and create a fresh, clean living environment. Use baking soda, vinegar, activated charcoal, and air purifiers to neutralize odors, clean carpets, and upholstery, and paint walls with odor-blocking technology. With these tips, you can remove the smell of cigarette smoke from your new home and improve indoor air quality. Give White Glove Restoration a call to help get that smell out of your home the professional way.