There is nothing worse than finding yourself in an unmanageable situation when flooding strikes your home. Whether it’s caused by storms or leaky pipes, standing water in your San Diego, CA home or business can quickly become an issue. As long as water is allowed to sit, there is a greater chance of permanent structural damage as well as mold developing eventually. There is no better solution than to hire a professional water extraction company that uses professional equipment like industrial fans, vacuums, and submersible pumps to remove the water. In addition to figuring out how water damage can be reduced in your building, it is also important to find a company that uses both water extraction and water mitigation techniques. To ensure that your home or business can be restored to the state it was in prior to the damage, quick action is imperative.
What is Water Extraction?
Water extraction is the process of removing all of the standing water and moisture from a flooded area of a building. This is necessary both to begin the drying process and to prevent structural damage, as well as to prevent the growth of mold that can cause toxic spores. In order to make sure that the job is done effectively, the water extraction process includes a few steps:
- In order to facilitate the removal of all standing water from the area, industrial vacuums and submersible pumps were employed.
- The moisture saturation (or the level of moisture saturation) of a surface can be detected by using moisture detectors or hydrometers.
- The use of infrared cameras can be beneficial in detecting hidden water in walls and ceilings.
All these precautions are to make sure absolutely no water is left behind. This includes the water that may have seeped into the cracks of a building. After everything is completely dry, you can move on to the water mitigation process.
What is Water Mitigation?
Water mitigation is essentially the cleanup process after water extraction has taken place. It involves the mitigation of further damage to the building by cleaning, drying, and sanitizing the parts of the building that were affected by water damage. The point of water mitigation is to take quick and effective action. This part of the process can include steps such as:
- Removing debris from the area
- Removing damaged material such as furniture and drywall
- Protecting and stabilizing the structure by laying down tarps and boarding up windows
- Cleaning and disinfecting salvageable items, household materials, and surfaces
- Completely drying the home with professional equipment
In order to mitigate the impact of water damage on a building, all of these steps have to be taken. This is a crucial step in making sure that your building is able to be completely restored.
Hire a Professional Water Extraction Company
In order to make sure that your home or business is taken care of completely when flooding occurs, you should hire a company that specializes in water extraction and property destruction. ‘White Glove Restoration’ is a water restoration service that provides 24 hour emergency service, so you can call whichever time suits you so that you can get help immediately. You can find out more about our water mitigation service by giving us a call at (619) 776-3131.